Let’s feast like a king today!
Suppose to be with mutton but yeah, we did with chicken(prefer this).
- 1 Village Chicken (Roughly 1.5kg)
- 5 Cups (3/4 kg) of RICE (Wash and soak for 2 hours)
- 10 pieces of Almond Nuts
- A Pinch of Saffron
- 200g Ghee
- 200g of Onion (Medium Size)
- 2 Tomato (Medium Size)
- 7-8 piece of Bird Eye’s Chilli
- 3/4 Tablespoons of Chilli Powder
- 2 Tablespoons of Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Tablespoons of Curd
- 1 1/2 Salt
- Few Mint Leaves
- Few Coriander Leaves
- 5 Cups Milk – Boil the mixture of half water and half milk
- 10 pieces of Cashew Nuts
- 1/2 piece Lemon
How to do
1. Boil water and use this water to soak the saffron and nuts (separate bowl).
2. Place a pot with medium flame, put the ghee on the pot. Once the ghee melts, put the chopped onions(makesure they don’t turn brown).
3. Once the onions soften, put 5 cardamon, 5 cinnamon and 5 cloves. Also put the chills and stir.
4. Put the 2 tablespoons of Ginger Garlic Paste, then put the chicken and stir. Also add 2 tablespoons of Curd and stir. Also include salt to the mixture. Leave the mixture for 10 mins with close lid.
5. Once 10 mins is done, there will be gravy. Put the chopped tomato and tiny sliced leaves. Stir for 1 min
6. Add 3/4 Tablespoons of Chilli Powder.
7. Makesure the milk is boiled (if you are using full cream milk – mixture half with water). If not use fully the milk only. After the boiled milk is added, put it on high flame – 2 mins and low flame – 20 mins (close lid).
8. The almond nut and cashew nut that was soaked in hot water and grind it until it turns into paste.
9. Add lemon juice into it.
10. Use rice cooker, change the mixture from the pot into the cooker. Put the rice into it. Add one tablespoon of ghee and the soaked saffron into it(Don’t stir it). Just makesure all the rice is soaked in.
11. Let the rice to cook and the briyani is ready to be served.