Assalamualaikum and good day. Absolutely delighted to meet you all in a different kind of content today and it is on a cake recipe. I always wish to document a successful cake recipes as not all the cakes you bake will be successful and certain needs modification which I tend to forget when I bake the same cake next time. Baking process is chemistry experiment I truly enjoy. I frequently hear people say that they are not good in baking but the truth is they haven’t found the right recipe. Here I am sharing with you the recipe that I baked for my sister’s birthday who don’t really enjoy chocolate or too much sweetness. This cake is a vanilla flavoured cake with chocolate chip coated with buttercream and topped with strawberries.
Ingredients for the cake:
- 250 gm of castor cugar
- 250 gm of butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 250 gm of self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 6 tablespoon of milk
Ingredients for the buttercream:
- 140 gm of butter. softened
- 280 gm of icing sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon of milk
Ingredients for the decoration:
- 1 packet of strawberries (any fruits of your choice)
- the birthday stick you can get from any store selling baking items
- any decoration you wish to add
Method to bake the cake:
- Heat the oven at 200°C for 20 minutes.
- Beat the castor sugar and the butter until the mixture turns fluffy.
- Next add one egg at a time into the fluffy mixture and add the flour little by little.
- Once it is nicely blend, then add the vanilla essence and the milk into it too.
- Add chocolate chip to the poured mixture.
- Bake the cake for 25 minutes.
- Let the cake to cool.
Method to prepare the buttercream:
Beat the butter until it is soft. Add half of the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
Add the remaining icing sugar and one tablespoon of the milk and beat the mixture until creamy and smooth. Beat in the milk, if necessary, to loosen the mixture.
Method to decorate the cake:
- First, stack both the cake with buttercream in between them.
- Place the cream on the side and work on it first.
- Then, place on the top and smooth it.
- Decorate it to your preference.
- Freeze the cake for 2 – 3 hours to set the cake.
Hope you have a fun time and do let me know if you tried the recipe. Thank you and until next time 🙂