• 350 grams cauliflower florets (cleaned)
• 1 cup all-purpose flour (gandum, prefer organic or at least unbleached)
• 1/2 cup cornstarch (white corn flour or yellow corn flour)
• 2 tablespoon red chilli powder or paste
• 3/4 teaspoon black pepper crushed or ground
• Salt (adjust to taste) – I roughly put
• 1 & 3/4 cup water (more if needed)
• Oil for deep frying as needed
How to do:
1. Clean cauliflower florets and add them to warm water, not to very hot or boiling water. Rest them for 3 to 5 mins. Discard the water and rinse them well few times. Drain them to a colander. Allow the water to drain completely.
2. Spread them on a clean cotton cloth or a wide colander. Air dry for sometime. This is done to remove excess moisture after washing. I usually leave them in a wide basket colander for sometime.
3. Prepare the batter. To a large mixing bowl, add plain flour(gandum), corn flour, red chilli powder, salt and pepper. Mix.
4. Add water as needed and make a free flowing batter.
5. The batter must be smooth, free flowing and thick. It should not be runny or too thick. Check the salt, if needed add more.
6. Add cauliflower to this batter and coat them well.
7. Begin to heat oil in a stove on a medium flame to fry the cauliflower.
8. Check if the oil is hot enough and pick up the florets one by one and gently slide in hot oil.
Leave a Reply